You can use your Magic Bag to relax, to warm up or to relieve pain. Magic Bags are reusable and can be used warm or cold.
Read the instructions below before using. They will also provide guidance on choosing heat or cold therapy or a combination of the two.
- Given the different strengths of individual microwave ovens, it might be necessary to adjust the heating time.
- To heat up your Magic Bag safely, place it in the centre of the microwave and spread the grains evenly. If your bag is too long, fold it in half.
- To avoid overheating, heat it in the microwave for 30-second intervals until the desired temperature is obtained.
- After every 30 seconds, take the bag out of the microwave and check its temperature for at least 5 seconds.
- Do not leave the product unattended while heating. Ensure the temperature is comfortable before applying to the skin.
- Allow the pack to cool for at least 1 hour before reheating.
- Do not heat your Magic Bag more than 3 times a day (see directions for each type of bag) so that the oat grains have time to regain their natural moisture. That's why it's best to purchase more than one Magic Bag so you can alternate for more frequent use.
Please note that we strongly urge using a microwave oven to heat Magic Bags. If you don't have access to a microwave, you can use a conventional oven if you take the following precautions:
- Preheat the oven to 175oF (80oC)
- Wrap your Magic Bag in aluminum foil without leaving any part of it uncovered
- Place it on the central rack of the oven for no more than 45 minutes
- Use a timer to make sure the maximum heating time is not exceeded (Never leave the Magic Bag unattended while heating in the oven)
- WARNING: A Magic Bag heated for longer than the recommended time, in any type of oven, may start to smoke and even catch fire.
Heat therapy is best for:
- Muscular pain
- Tensions and stress
Attention : Heating time may vary depending on the type of compress. For the best possible experience, consult the table of recommended heating times.
Keep your Magic Bag in the freezer in a plastic bag.
Take it out as needed.
It will stay cold for about 20 minutes.
Return your Magic Bag to the freezer after use.
Cold therapy is best for :
- Relieving pain or reducing swelling (sprains, contusions, pulled muscles, soreness, headaches and fever)
- Decreasing blood circulation and cellular activity, which in turn soothes pain and relaxes muscles